Joy Liu & Harvey Liu PRESENT
A Stately Home in the Historic Carolands Neighborhood - $5,999,000
A stately home located in the historical neighborhood known as the “Carolands.” This grand-scale 6 Bedroom/8 Bath home combines contemporary living with architectural details reflecting back through the ages.
- Enter through an European style portico with 20 ft ceilings and a grand entry hall
- A dazzling chandelier suspends over the entry adding to the drama of this inviting home
- Formal receiving room with a gas burning fireplace and outdoor patio
- Double doors open to a private den with built-in shelves and cabinets
- Formal dining room with sliding glass doors leading to a patio overlooking the garden and Bay views
- European style kitchen with stone counters, 6 burner gas range, sub zero refrigerator; designed for both every day use yet spacious enough to accommodate formal catering
- Great room with a wet bar, gas fireplace and sliding glass doors opening to deck overlooking the garden
- Two bedrooms, each with en-suite baths
- Laundry room
- Maids quarter
- A guest half bath with a custom painted mural completes this level
- The drama of this home carries to the second level with a lofted overlook of the entry
- Four bedrooms each with its own private baths completes this level
- The 600 sq. ft. Master Suite is complete with a private balcony with views of the Bay, gas fireplace, wet bar with mini-fridge, built in wall desk, walk-in closet/dressing room and a grand master bath with full body shower and sunken jet bathtub
- Architectural details include stained glass skylights and built in linen cabinets
- Entertainment Room is ideal for a home theater or family game room
- Full bath
- Storage room
- Four car garage
- Landscaped garden with mature roses and fruit trees surround this home
- Parking pad and driveway may accommodate 10 additional cars
- Completed in 1999 and owned only by current owner
- County records report Square Foot as 6,950; lot size 0.85 Acre (36,816 sq. ft.)
- Just blocks from Crocker Middle School and North Hillsborough Elementary
- Less than 20 miles from Stanford University and Palo Alto - gateway to Silicon Valley
- Approximately 16 miles to the heart of San Francisco’s financial district
The Town of Hillsborough is a residential community located in San Mateo County, California. It is west of Highway 101 and El Camino Real and east of Highway 280 within a short commute to San Francisco and minutes from San Francisco International Airport.
The Town performs essential services including police protection, building permitting and inspection, land use management, and maintenance of roads, public facilities, water, sewer and storm drainage infrastructures. The Town also funds fire protection services provided by the Central County Fire Department. Town has an area of 6.23 square miles and a current population of 10,927.
The Town is a general law city operating with a Council/Manager form of government. Policy-making and legislative authority are vested in the governing City Council, which consists of a Mayor, a Vice-Mayor and three City Council members. City Council members are elected to overlapping four-year terms, in even numbered years. The City Council members select the Mayor and Vice-Mayor every year. The City Council is responsible, among other things, for passing ordinances, adopting the budget, appointing committee and board members and hiring the City Manager and the City Attorney. The City Manager is responsible for carrying out the policies and ordinances of the City Council, for overseeing the day-to-day operations and for appointing department heads.